"Has been a lifesaver so many times!"
- Catherine Rampell, student @ University of Washington
"Exactly the help I needed."
- Jennifer Hawes, student @ San Jose State
"The best place for brainstorming ideas."
- Michael Majchrowicz, student @ University of Kentucky
COMBINING SENTENCES USING GERUNDS AND GERUND PHRASES
Directions: Combine the following sentences using a gerund or gerund phrase.
1. His goal became an obsession. He wanted to run a four-minute mile.
2. Frank likes many activities in shop class. He especially likes to work with the jigsaw.
3. Nancy received recognition from her fellow designers. The experience gave her more confidence.
4. Do you want to make an A on the test? You might want to review grammar rules.
5. There was one objective in the cooking class. That was to guide the students to culinary mastery .
6. Pat solved the problem of lack of ingredients. He cut the recipe in half.
7. Mix the batter for five minutes. This produces a light and fluffy desert.
8. Of all his jobs, Nick had a favorite one. He ground coffee beans at the local Starbucks.
9. Freeze blueberries when they are ripe. This gives you a taste of summer all year round.
10. Go to bed earlier. It will result in having a better day tomorrow.
View Full Essay