This essay Mammals has a total of 227 words and 2 pages.
There are three groups of mammals; egg-laying mammals ,pouched mammals and placental mammals.
These three types of mammals
are different for one main reason: reproductive methods. The egg-laying mammals lay eggs. The pouched
mammals give birth to underdeveloped offspring. The offspring then spends time in the mother's pouch,
and mature. The placental mammals keep their offspring inside them then give birth to a fully developed
2. The anteaters and spiny ant eaters were two separate kinds of mammals. the Spiny anteater lays eggs to
reproduce, the anteater does not.
3. Two pouched mammals are Kangaroos and Koalas. Their young develop in pouches.
4. Mammary Glands are glands on the female mammal. They produce milk for the offspring to drink.
5. There are ten types of placental mammals. Here were their names and characteristics.
1. Toothless No teeth
2. Water dwelling Live in water
3. Trunk Nosed Have trunks as noses
4. Rodent like Similar to rodents
5. Insect Eating Insects as food source
6. Flying Flying
7 Primates Ape like
8 Gnawing Eat by Gnawing
9 Flesh Eating Carnivorous
10 Even hooved Feet were hooves with even sides.
6. Whales were considered mammals for three reasons. First of all, they bear live young. Secondly they
must surface for air. Lastly, they feed their young with mammary glands.
7. Sharp teeth help predators to devour their prey.
8. Primates were considered the smartest animals because they use their
Topics Related to Mammals
Mammal, Synapsids, Therapsids, Anteaters, Monotreme, Mammal taxonomy, Egg, Mammary gland, Marsupial, Rodent, Female, Placentalia, egg laying mammals, placental mammals, pouched mammals, spiny anteater, mammary glands, koalas, anteaters, kangaroos, primates, eggs, teeth, flesh eating, female mammal, food source, toothless, hooves
Essays Related to Mammals