This essay Luka Lacommande Power of states has a total of 370 words and 4 pages.
Luka Lacommande Power of states
1) Read pages 102-111 in your textbook. 2) Go to the following website: http://www.un.org/en/member-states/index.html
2) Go to the following website: http://www.un.org/en/member-states/index.html
3) On page 105 of your textbook, it states that the UN has 193 recognized sovereign states in 2009. How many are there today? 193
4) Explain the difference between Legislative Power, Executive Power and Judicial Power. 5) Go to the following website: http://www.un.org/en/sections/about-un/overview/index.html
Legislative power is to create laws to make the country better, the executive power are the ones who pass the laws that came from the legislative power and the judicial power ‘'solves''/rearranges the laws and enforces them.
Read ever sub-section that describes the UN:
* Member States (you saw this in question 2)
* Main Organs
* Specialized Agencies
* Official Languages
* Nobel Peace Prize
6) Answer the 3 questions on page 104
i) The countries involved in the united nations
ii) a supreme ruler
iii)The US trying to implement their democracy in other countries
7) Answer the two questions on page 107
i) the action of governing. Ruling your country
ii) It is unnecessary because we are all different. It would be too difficult to manage a whole world, we can be united but separated at the same time. Each place is ruled differently and it's better like that.
8) What are the countries associated with the G8? Why these countries? 9) Read the following website: http://g7.stateofchange.co/2017-g7-summit-to-focus-on-africa-and-migration/
Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia, UK and the US (8 countries). These countries because these states alone represent about 2/3 of the gross world product.
10) Why is there a G7 instead of a G8 this year? Could this number change again this year? Because Russia got kicked out. It could.
11) What is the G20 and why are these countries selected? G20 is a group of 20 countries in the United Nations that are industrialized and all together represent 90% of the GWP and 80% of the world's population. They are selected because they together have the best GWP.
If you are done your work early, please read pages 112-113.