Below is one of our free research papers on Traits of the Hero. If the term paper below is not exactly what you're looking for, you can search our essay database for other topics.
Traits Of The Hero Hercules Theseus Jason
Birth/Childhood • Son of Zeus and his mortal mother, Alcmene.
• Brother is Iphicles.
• Hera was constantly trying to kill him. • Son of the Athenian King, Aegeus.
• Spent his childhood with his mother in southern Greece.
• Supposedly lived generation earlier.
• Son of king Aeson.
Character Flaws • Loses control of himself when angry.
• Mixed personalities
• Forgot to raise the white flag when he traveled home from Crete so his father thought he was dead and he killed himself.
Journey/Quest • To complete the 12 labors in order to repent for killing his family and others assigned to him by Eurystheus.
• Accompanied Jason on the quest for the Golden Fleece. • He traveled to Crete to be one of the sacrifices but he meant to kill the Minotaur.
• Succeeded by strangling the beast.
• Also accompanied Jason on the quest for the Golden Fleece. • To get the Golden Fleece back from Colchis and King Aetes.
Tests/Trials The Twelve Labors:
• The Nemean Lion
• Lernean Hydra
• Cerynitian Hind
• Erymanthian Boar
• Stables of Augeas
• Stymphalian Birds
• Cretan Bulls
• Mares of Diomedes
• Belt of Hippolyte
• Cattle of Geryon
• Apples of Hesperides
• The Hound of Hades. • Being able to roll away the boulder to get to the sword and sandals.
• Dealing judgment to the bandits who harmed people traveling by the road. • Get through the Clashing Rocks.
• King Aetes made Jason face bronze feet, fi...